Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting into the swing of things.


I've been busy.  

4th of July was spent in Kansas City with two of my best friends.  I discovered a few great boutiques and thrift stores while I was there, scoring some gold-plated earrings and a leather purse among other adorable trinkets.  Donna's was probably my favorite of all the stores we discovered, with Boomerang in a close second.  Donna's was this cute dress shop with a few racks devoted to vintage clothing, in addition to new stuff by local designers, which I loved.  And Boomerang was the thrift stores of all thrift stores-- everything was organized into decades and styles from different periods.  I was so close to buying this green drop-waist dress straight out of the Brady Bunch era, but I was running low on cash.  Mental note to self-- bring more money the next time I go to KCMO.  That, in addition to the great community of people and cool architecture, might, just MIGHT, make me want to live there.  

I'm excited to show off some of my pictures from a wedding I recently took pictures of for my good friend and old roommate, Brooke.  Still editing, so specific comments to come.

I'm going a little crazy, trying to get everything ready to launch my etsy store.  Nervous, maybe, and also, I might be stalling.  I decided to sew these cute little gift bags to go along with my merch, but as much as I love them, I'm also realizing that time equals money, and I'm wondering if there's an easier and cheaper way to brand my crafts without spending hours doing it.  Any suggestions?

Anyway, my goal is to get some items up by the end of the week.  Just in time for my birthday on Saturday!!  In fact, that would be a great birthday gift, to buy something from my store (hint, hint).  

So here's a little confession:  I'm incapable of doing only one thing at a time, so being the multi-tasker that I am, I have become addicted to Netflix and watching cheesy sitcoms on my Instant Queue while I work.  The cheesy sitcom this week:  Charles in Charge.  I've already made my way through the middle of the 4th season.  And I've never realized until now just how much of a womanizer and poor role model Charles really was.  I mean, imagine having him as a "baby-sitter" when you are a 15 year old impressionable young woman.  I shudder at the thought.  But, nostalgic nonetheless :)  

**Sings the Sparrow**

No comments:

Post a Comment